GreenstarHE

The 2 bolts on the heat Xchanger keep working loose. Is there an official mod that is known to anyone to prevent this.

Reply to
Rob

Couple of shake proof washers?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thought of that but Worcester rabbit on about torque on these. Maybe I'm a bit too sensitive

Reply to
Rob

You could apply the same amount of torque with the washer.

Reply to
Graham.

Loctite?

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

The way to release loctite is by heating it!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

You're right. Up to 120C ! :-{ Looks like washers then.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

If ordinary hex heads, make up a locking plate which fits between them?

Locking compounds may not stand the heat. Unless it never gets much above the water temp.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Screwloc or whatever the latest incarnation or a locknut I'd imagine.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Automotive or bike thread-lock should cope with the temperatures.

Another way is to drill small holes in the bolts and wire them together. Good enough for the aviation industry.

Reply to
Fredxx