green chipboard for bathroom floor

Can I ask the group a quick question about chipboard please?

my builders have a load of chipbard stacked up ready to do the bathroom floor with - but it's brown. I was expecting it to be green (water resitstant).

Have they supplied the wrong colour? Does it matter? We plan to put vinyl on it.

Many thanks,

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

What will happen when it gets wet? It swells up and disintegrates. I'd never use plain chip for a bathroom floor - seems your builders would.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

It needs to be P5 board rather P4. Some brands are green, but not all, so have a look at what's printed on it.

auctions

Aha, thanks for that, exactly what I needed to know. I'll check it tomorrow.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL

The secret with any chip. green included, is not letting it get wet.

Make sure the vinyl is well laid, and there are no corners where splashes collect.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sound advice thank you. We plan to have a 50mm upward cove ("gradus coving" at the edges so the vinyl will form a waterproof 'tray'.

I have checked and it is P5 board.

thanks to all.

Robert

Reply to