Greatest markup ever?

The message from Paul G contains these words:

IIRC some councils do provide for battery recycling from their doorstep collections.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King typed

Brent, my London Borough, does.

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

The quid covers the time taken to get one from stores, wrap it round the cable, pull it tight and clip the ends off.

It avoids having 'labour bills' at £60 an hour..instead the parts are marked up instead.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Laed acid yes, silver whatever, yes, mercury wahetever, yes..Lithium? Not really.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think you'll find his profits come from kids sweets ie something that sells for 2p and he sells for 3p so say you have 250 MoJo's in a box thats

5GBP and 2.50GBP profit add that to all the other sweets and total it up at the end of the weeks that some profit.

I know this because I used to own 2 mobile shops. :-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

God knows what your blood pressure is like with all that caffeine. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The message from The Natural Philosopher contains these words:

Avoids? You've not had a car serviced in the Home Counties recently, have you!

Reply to
Guy King

I don't think they are recycled but disposed of 'safely' whatever that means.

Car batteries contain lots of expensive lead and are worth re-cycling.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Once a copper always a copper eh Alex ;-)

Reply to
snod

Nope , I'd have quite happily reported them before I joined the police. It was having that sort of attitude to things that made me want to give it a go.

Reply to
Dr Zoidberg

I can't think why you'd want to. Water is much nicer, and cheaper.

Reply to
Chris Bacon
250ml and typically costs around 5p. Just as with the shop, you're paying for the convenience.

...paying for the convenience - whether or not you use it.

Reply to
DB.

The Istin takes care of that. 8-)

Reply to
dennis

Too late! Someone already did, and he's running loose on another usenet newsgroup. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"nightjar

Recycling is not equal to remanufacturing.

The county where I live in recycles computers. The collect them twice a year and send tractor trailer loads of them to a prison to be parted out for the various metals. Nothing working comes out of the program.

I remanufacture them by replacing any defective parts and correcting any software problems, then they are given to the disabled in my area who need a computer, but can't afford to buy one. What is left over is then recycled. The county gets the sheet metal, I sell the aluminum, and the scrap PC boards are sent to a county program that teaches people to solder to practice solder rework. I am still looking for someone to take the plastic from the cases and old keyboards.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

err no, I pay for a taxi. Although if someone does go out with us and they agree to be the driver we pay for their soft drinks - the ones that can cost twice as much as the alcohol.

You should try this ... if you ever find any friends.

Reply to
steeler

I'm in the north (Tyneside) and most bars round here charge more for Coke than they do for lager. I've stopped buying the draught Coke as it's bloody horrible stuff.

Reply to
Sanddancer

I was thinking the other day about the markup they must make on that "spray-on mud" stuff they sell to twathead 4x4 drivers.

Reply to
Anton Gijsen

"Anton Gijsen" wrote in message news:444e3fd1$0$33908$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net...

This is a wind up surely?