Great Website for DIY products

I am amused at the discussions on this forum

Most of the comments Peter has made mean nothing until you actully deal with a company as he points out!!

The T & C's are there to protect a company and the DSR are there to protect the consumer.

As many people commanly know the T & C's a company imposes on a consumer mean nothing unless they comply with consumer law.

Also when it comes to Trade dealing with Trade the T & C's for B2B can we much different to consumer law. If you check many other companies they impose the same T&C's.

Now i am now lawyer and don't want to be!

I also don't work for

they are a very good family run business and if you have any problems the person who runs it very often answers the phone.

I think many other companies should take a leaf out of there book.

As for many of Peters comments would be good to get his opinion once he has purchsed from them. Again i am going to forward this to Mat at Tradingdepot to tweek anything he feel nessasery.

** I am not very good at spelling and never mind we can't all be good at everything in life! I think The Medway Handyman was very harsh over an obvious mis-type!!!
Reply to
Darren House

[...]

I believe we heard you the first time!!

Reply to
Fredxx

Sorry I only added it once but it seems to have sent it loads of times lets hope it doesn't with this message!

I have removed them now! Cheers

Reply to
Darren House

Sorry I only added it once but it seems to have sent it loads of times lets hope it doesn't with this message!

I have removed them now! Cheers

Reply to
Darren House

I can still hear your echo!

Reply to
Clot

Unfortunately when things have gone wrong is not the time to start reading the T's&C's.

Completely wrong. The Terms and Conditions are there to provide the "nuts and bolts" of the contract between the supplier and the customer. Their purpose is to save time so you don't have to negotiate them each time. They are supposed to be fair and provide an equitable trading relationship. Companies who use them as a "defence" are often ones to avoid.

Why then do the T's&C's attempt to limit the rights the consumer has under law?

Unfortunately many companies write T'c&C's outwith the law in the hope the customer never notices they are being diddled.

For example the term about not refunding outbound carriage on DSR returns is unlawful. Are you suggesting that only those customers who point this out will have the outbound carriage refunded, none will, or all will automatically despite what the T's&C's say?

Indeed, which is why it is important to make sure as a seller you differentiate between them, usually by having one set for B2B and one for B2C.

I wouldn't purchase from them nor would I recommend them to others. You made sure of that with your dishonest post saying "Over the bank holiday weekend whilst looking for items for my house I found this website." I do not believe traders should benefit from such deception.

Moreover I assume most of their sales go well (that is true of even quite poor traders) you only find out what a company is like when something goes wrong. The T's&C's, which is all one has to go on, do not fill me with confidence that they will deal with matters competently.

I hope he appreciates what you have done for his company.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Again in the whole Peter very correct but you point out what i have done to his company?

I don't set there T & C's neither did i set to gain from the sucess or demise i was just putting a post on this forum for in the whole as you quite rightly point out 'most' people to get good service from and yes when things go wrong i trust they would be professional and reasonable as are most companies. They are not out to con anyone.

I would also like to point out that if you would not buy from a company who's T & C's are not wholely within the Law (except the point "this does not effect your statorary rights') then you would not buy from most trade outlets, high street reatailers and online reatailers. I know that this does not make it right but it it worth knowing. Becuase over the years i have had many arguments about such things and they have still not changed the T & C's ?

I would just hope that most other people would still like to use a family run business oppossed to a giant who doesn't care.

Cheers

Darren House

FFS a web designer who can't spell. If you hadn't blatently lied in an attept to spam a newsgroup, nobody would be harsh would they?

Fuckwit.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

To be fair he is a photographer (and ex-bathroom sales manager) who can't spell :-). Some his photos are good too, a pity he felt it necessary to try to deceive.

Reply to
Peter Parry

If they are not out to con anyone why did your post contain such a "con"? What you said was :-

"Over the bank holiday weekend whilst looking for items for my house I found this website."

You didn't "find" it - you knew perfectly well where it was. You had worked to help make it.

Had you said "I'm a photographer and worked on this site and got to know them, have since ordered things for myself and think they are good" the response might have been a bit different. When you set out to deceive the result often comes back to bite you on the bum.

I said I would never buy from a company whose name was spread by deceit. As it is I also certainly wouldn't buy from a company which either doesn't understand or has chosen to ignore the DSR's.

The Mafia is a family run business.

Reply to
Peter Parry

That may be so. But you were out to con people, pretending you had 'discovered' the website. That is both dishonest and unintelligent.

Well, until you got involved, perhaps.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Hi i just wanted to say that for me to post on this group in the way i did was not honest in light of the fact I had taken pictures for the company as a photographer.

I hope people will take any future posts made to this group or other groups in the future as honest and people may accept my apology.

Cheers

Darren

Thanks to Peter for being a very good chap to speak to on the phone.

Reply to
Darren House

As a business you sometimes get access to your own account manager at dabs.... still useless at sorting problems as it happens ;-)

Yup, they have been pretty good in all respects like that.

Reply to
John Rumm