Great Website for DIY products

Over the bank holiday weekend whilst looking for items for my house i found this website.

I have ordered my goods from them and delivered they very quickly.

They were very reasonable on price as well.

Would be good to hear your feedback if you find this helpful.

Cheers

Reply to
Darren House

Dishonest Spam to UK.D-I-Y?

"If you require a dedicated photographer then we will always recommend Darren House for his product photography - we worked with him on the Trading Depot web site."

Reply to
Adrian C

I also purchase items for my own house as well. I don't like to be ripped of so i always check around and i don't think you'll find anyone cheaper on the internet selling bellwire by the meter as per my other post!

So yes i think they are good as i said let me know your thoughts!

Cheers

Reply to
Darren House

But how about "I found this website"? If you helped with the website, that's dishonest. Perhaps we should assume that tradingdepot have your standards, and avoid them...

Reply to
Bob Eager

If you helped with the website can you point me to where they display their postal address as per legal requirements. Most reputable companies put it in the contact us section.

Reply to
andrew_d_may

Yes - that concerned me too.

The phone number is Maidenhead.

The range of stuff and the quality they're pitching at actually look pretty good, I might give them a go.

But it would be good to hear from *a range of people* about how they found them - the OP's words really do have that ring of self-promotion about them.

Reply to
RubberBiker

You _found_ it Darren?

How on earth did you come to lose it in the first place?

As Chalfont web design say:-

"If you require a dedicated photographer then we will always recommend Darren House for his product photography - we worked with him on the Trading Depot web site."

Email : snipped-for-privacy@darrenhouse.co.uk Telephone : 01442 380779 Mobile : 07912 963620 MSN snipped-for-privacy@aol.com snipped-for-privacy@mac.com

and from

:-

"Worked with several companies for product photography, food photography and branding. Trading Depot Daloon Foods"

You were awfully quick to forget them.

Did they deliver them with Spam sandwiches as well?

We don't like spam. Moreover, if you find it necessary to be disingenuous to promote sites you work on that does not present you, the company you promote or the web designer in a particularly good light. Were the latter two aware of your actions or was it a "Damian McBride" moment?

That the company itself does not seem to understand the Distance Selling Regulations and attempt to illegally refuse to refund outbound carriage charges on returns is also a concern.

Altogether this does not appear to be a particularly professional setup.

Reply to
Peter Parry

They tuck them away in the T's&C's Section Unit 5, Furze Platt Business Centre, Gardner Road, Maidenhead, Berks. SL6 7RN

or

Trading Depot is a trading name of Trading Depot U.K. LIMITED. Registered address :

49 Cherry Close Kidlington Oxford Oxfordshire OX5 1HJ
upon where you look

They also say "If you want to ask us anything about these terms and conditions or if you have any comments or complaints on or about our website, please email us at snipped-for-privacy@tradingdepot.co.uk."

Unfortunately they don't understand (or have decided to ignore) the Distance Selling Regulations :-

"When returning a product you will need a returns number, this will allow our warehouse department to expect your returned product and know who it has come from. If you e-mail snipped-for-privacy@tradingdepot.co.uk we will send one by return. You also agree that if you do not use a returns number you will be liable to a £10 administration fee to help cover the cost of processing your returned item."

"If you change your mind about the product when you receive it you can return it within 7 days for a full refund excluding carriage charges. Currently £6.00 for parcelforce & royal mail and £45.00 for pallets."

"Delivery charges vary according to the type of goods ordered and cannot be refunded."

They are required to refund outbound charges.

"Please also note that if you write our address all over the packaging then the product is not resalable and you will not be refunded."

An illegal condition.

They also attempt to impose illegal conditions in consumer contracts

"We shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay in supply or delivery or for any damage or defects to goods supplied or delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control"

Anyone trying to set up a trade account with them on behalf of their employer will need to be very careful as they have the following extraordinary condition:-

"The authorized and responsible person signing an account application form for a limited company agrees that they sign the application as guarantors for the amounts due to us from the limited company. As a result they irrevocably agree to guarantee the payment of monies owing to us by the limited company, if we believe that the limited company cannot meet its obligations. If the limited company goes into receivership, liquidation or administration, the guarantor will pay the receiver, liquidator or administrator, as the case may be, such sums as will enable him or her to pay all monies owed to us by the limited company."

You could leave your employer but remain responsible for their bills for ever.

Reply to
Peter Parry

7p for 100m is pretty good although somewhat improbable..

Recently added items: Bell Wire 100m Quantity: 1 BELLWIRE Line Price: £0.08

Perhaps the site design needs a bit of tweaking?

Reply to
Peter Parry

Seems like the OP has deleted his posts. Good job we haven't lost them:

-------------------

"Darren House 20 Apr, 13:22

Over the bank holiday weekend whilst looking for items for my house i found this website.

I have ordered my goods from them and delivered they very quickly.

They were very reasonable on price as well.

----------------------

Darren House 20 Apr, 13:57

I also purchase items for my own house as well. I don't like to be ripped of so i always check around and i don't think you'll find anyone cheaper on the internet selling bellwire by the meter as per my other post!

So yes i think they are good as i said let me know your thoughts!

Cheers

----------------------- Would be good to hear your feedback if you find this helpful.

Cheers"

Reply to
RubberBiker

Thank you Peter i have just email Mat @ tradingdepot and told him about this problem you have picked up on.

I have also forwarded him the link from this group so he can see you comments.

As a family run company he will be please to see your comments and has taken the point about the address although on the site it has now been changed to a much clearer position on the site.

Hope that makes sense!

I don't know why the bell wire changed and when i ordered my 17M i did not notice any change!

To much time on here need to get on with other stuff now I hope it helps someone at the very least good feedback for them to get on with.

Reply to
Darren House

That was the first place that I looked. It has been added since my reply to Darren. Nice to see that someone is taking note. However, if it was me I would be very unhappy with a web design company that didn't ensure that the web site that they designed for me met the minimum legal requirements.

Andrew

Reply to
andrew_d_may

Website doesn't even meet minimum website requirements. Fails W3C validation, and doesn't contain ALT tags for all images - so it potentially in breach of the Disability Discrimination Act as well.

HTML4.01 Transitional is so, well, 1990s anyway...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

A lot of ISPs don't respect deletes. It seems mine is one of them...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I didn't post in the first place because I didn't want to respond to what looked like advertising spam. Funnily enough however I recently purchased from them the Aqualisa AXDE2A on which I posted a query on 17 April.

Shower - Flow loss from speedifit inserts and yet another earthing query.

I usually find the cheapest place I can via the various price comparison sites. So long as it accepts payments by credit card (not via a third party such as PayPal) I reckon I am fairly safe for purchases over £100.

Delivery was actually very quick and in good condition. I am in no way connected with them and have only made one purchase so no idea what they are usually like.

Reply to
Invisible Man

Bob Eager coughed up some electrons that declared:

I already mentioned TradingDepot a while back:

've been happy with them and their prices. Pity they're getting "reverse advertising" now. Probably lost them some customers...

Reply to
Tim S

Given their appalling terms and conditions for trade accounts and disregard of consumer law that probably isn't a bad thing. It may have saved a few people the inconvenience of having to take them to court.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Peter Parry coughed up some electrons that declared:

I just had a look. What don't you like?

Can you give an example?

As I say, maybe I've been lucky, but for a web cash purchase, they've done nothing to offend me (yet??)

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

"The authorized and responsible person signing an account application form for a limited company agrees that they sign the application as guarantors for the amounts due to us from the limited company. As a result they irrevocably agree to guarantee the payment of monies owing to us by the limited company, if we believe that the limited company cannot meet its obligations. If the limited company goes into receivership, liquidation or administration, the guarantor will pay the receiver, liquidator or administrator, as the case may be, such sums as will enable him or her to pay all monies owed to us by the limited company."

According to that if an employee of a limited company set up a trade account on behalf of that company with Tradingdepot they would be personally responsible for the companies debts to Tradingdepot even if they occurred years after they may have left the original company. What's more they wouldn't be able to cancel the personal guarantee even if they tried.

You would have to be seriously unhinged to set up a trade account with them on those terms.

Several.

From their returns policy:-

"You also agree that if you do not use a returns number you will be liable to a £10 administration fee to help cover the cost of processing your returned item."

This is illegal if the return is under the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR's). The seller merely needs to tell the supplier in writing that they are returning the goods.

"If you change your mind about the product when you receive it you can return it within 7 days for a full refund excluding carriage charges."

This is illegal if the return is under the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR's). The supplier is required to refund the price the purchaser paid including the outbound delivery cost. They can require the purchaser to pay the return cost (but no more).

"PLEASE NOTE THAT ANY BOILER THAT THE PACKAGING HAS BEEN OPENED IS NON RETURNABLE AND NO REFUNDS CAN BE GIVEN"

This is illegal if the return is under the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR's). The supplier cannot refuse a return because the packaging is damaged.

"Please also note that if you write our address all over the packaging then the product is not resalable and you will not be refunded."

This is illegal if the return is under the Distance Selling Regulations (DSR's). The supplier cannot refuse a return because the packaging is marked.

"To the extent permitted by applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy of the information contained in any of the materials on this website"

Such a disclaimer has no meaning in a consumer contract as the implied terms in the Sale of Goods Act cannot be contracted out of and information supplied must be accurate. It is either careless or an attempt to mislead purchasers.

"Consumers have the legal right under the Distance Selling Regulations to cancel their order within seven days of receipt of the goods"

They have seven _working_ days beginning the day _after_ receipt of the order.

"We shall have no liability to you for any failure or delay in supply or delivery or for any damage or defects to goods supplied or delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control "

Misleading and unenforceable in consumer contracts. Risk in the goods always remains with the seller until delivery is made.

Most suppliers are fine until something goes wrong :-) The T's&C's often give an indication of how well they are likely to react if things do go awry. Either Tradingdepot have been rather sloppy in writing their T's&C's and have not differentiated between business and consumer transactions or they are attempting to make consumers think they have significantly less rights than they do.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Peter Parry coughed up some electrons that declared:

Oh - point 9. That's nasty.

Pays to read those things in detail...

Now my attention's been drawn, I agree.

Yes. DABS are great until something goes wrong - can you speak to a human - by heck you can't. Though at least they've attempted to provide automated facilities for most things inclusing returns.

I've found Screwfix (web site) to be very good in this regard. Once when I stored my credit card with a typo on the expiry date, a nice lady rang me up first thing the next morning and helped correct it.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S