greasy kitchen floor tiles

Maybe its wax or a synthetic wax sealer, If ceramic experiment with wax remover and Laquer thinner

Reply to
ransley

Vinyl? Ceramic?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What are the tiles made of? Vinyl? Rubber? Linoleum? Ceramic? Wood? Metal? Papier Mache? Clay? Cork? Quarry tile?.

Mopping seems a little mild. I think you need to remove the grease (especially if you do a lot of frying), possibly with an appropriate detergent. Once you get rid of the grease, consider some sort of sealant and polish.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

sorry i should have stated theyre ceramic tiles, made by Pamesa, the model is Silba black.

As stated theyve been like this out of the box.

It seems I need to try a sealant/polish?.

Reply to
sorenads

no, it doesnt get better than the existing glass layer as a sealant and polish. What you need to do is remove the greasy layer. Boiling water and cream cleaner are pretty good. If all else fails, boiling caustic soda solution will remove all grease, but do wash it off afterwards, it eats a fair few things.

NT

Reply to
NT

Any chance that boiling water would crack the tiles?

Try neat Stardrops and a green scritcher - should be harmless.

Reply to
PeterC

Hi,

We have a problem with our kitchen floor tiles from day 1. After mopping, they become "greasy" when dry, with a residue on them. It is the same when using various brands of kitchen floor cleaner.

Does anyone know of a product that will polish the tiles and keep them like that?

Reply to
sorenads

I've used a steam cleaner between tiles without harm. They dont break windows either.

NT

Reply to
NT