Grease/cleaning

And when you've got it clean, mix up a thick paste of Bicarbonate of soda and water, and apply it thickly to the cupboard tops. This wont stop the fat settling, but it will stop it sticking. This also works inside ovens, and saves a Hell of a lot of work.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

Offcuts of thin polypropylene sheet? If anything does stick to it you can just pick up the sheet and run a steam cleaner nozzle over it.

Reply to
js.b1

My parent's vintage always used the ends of wallpaper rolls to line cupboards shelves and drawers.

Reply to
<me9

Yup...that as well..

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

I still do - the washable vinyl sort. Got a roll from the 99p shop, but can't remember how much it cost.

Reply to
PeterC

Ecover terpene-based cleaner (if still available) will shift most things, if used neat.

Reply to
PeterC

Have you thought about something like MukOff, which is used for cleaning cycles? I know this is an odd suggestion, I think this is terrific stuff, is designed for shifting hardened grease and cleans just about anything! Spray it on, leave it for 5 mins and see what happens. Try it on a bit first, obviously.

I've used on similar jobs with great results - some of these household cleaners aren't all that good at shifting old dried muck.

Someone, no doubt, will tell me this is a daft idea .....

Then get some self-adhesive vinyl, as I think someone suggested, which you can change every so often.

Good luck, Barb

Reply to
Barb

Just bear in mind that the cabinets are probably chipboard carcases - so take care that water doesn't get into the joints.

Reply to
John