Grease Buster Wanted

Can anyone recommend a product for removing grease from things like the top of a cooker hood .It's stainless steel so Brillo Pads are a no-no. ( although they would certainly take it off ) . There surely has to be some wonder product that has been invented for such a purpose ... Stuart

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Bar Keepers' Friend it's magic!

we get it from the local hardware shop.

auctions

Thx for that .Doesn't say what size bottle it is coz Lakeland

a 200g bottle for £1.99 and I neeed other stuff from them anyway .

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Mr Muscle

Caustic foam in a can.

Or straight caustic if you aren't Wimpy Elfin Safety ..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I find white spirit works well (though not for anything burnt-on).

Reply to
rrh

Best Universal Grit Grime and Effluent Remover

BUGGER it

Reply to
m1ss_wh1te

Jangro oven cleaner. It's like Mr Muscle ut in a hand squirt much bigger 750ml bottle for pro kitchens and available from many trade catering supliers. It has a pH of 13.8 so pretty efective.

Reply to
Tom

If Daz don't whiten it and Omo don't brighten it...

Reply to
Rod

Absolute disgrace

Reply to
Anita Palley

Carburettor Cleaner ??

Reply to
Jim

I find that commercial cleaning products are very effective, we use Mr Muscle commercial kitchen cleaner. The bottle states that the product is for commercial and industrial use only, but there is no special way to use it. It smells very strong so you might want to open the windows when you use it. And finally one to avoid would be Hagesan (HG) grease away which was useless, although other HG products are excellent.

Reply to
dawoodseed

Fairy Power Spray could also be your friend, it's a bit stinky and you have to leave it to work, but it doesn't do a bad job.

Reply to
Lino expert

Brush dissolved caustic soda on, then apply heat or steam. Rinse hands if you touch it, it will eat skin.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

???