Gravity fed hot water system

I have a gravity fed hot water system and foolishly let the header tank run dry. I think I have air in the system and this is stopping the boiler from heating the water. I can't find a way to bleed the air out, can anyone help me?

Reply to
Iceman

Fill the system from the bottom.

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

the usual trick is to fill it from the bottom upwards. Assuming you have a drain c*ck at the lowest point, attach a hose to this - with the other end connected to a mains cold tap. Open the drain c*ck and then open the mains tap (gently). This should fill the pipes and expel all the air out of the vent pipe.

Reply to
Set Square

Thanks for that, gave it a try but as soon as the weight of water built up it started backing out of the drain c*ck valve. This was before it had reached the height of the feeder tank. Any ideas?

Reply to
Iceman