Grauniad article about power interconnectors between UK and Europe

A lot of energy....like the huge input you require in order to get a wind turbine to generate SFA.

Obviously the effort required to get a nuke to generate for nearly half a century is dismissed outright becuase it doesn't fit with their agenda of eternal darkness.

Reply to
The Other Mike

When I (briefly) worked for British Gas, a couple of the experts (who were rarely in the UK, as it was more effective to hire them out to other countries, such was their knowledge of high-pressure gas distribution) came back from the USSR (as 'twas) having met Russian scientists who spoke of a theory (which the USSR accepted as fact) that the Earths crust had a layer of methane deep below it.

With all this talk of shale gas, and the dominance of the European gas market by Russia, I often wonder if they were onto something.

Obvious disclaimer is that I am not a geologist.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I remember this. Thomas Gold was the man who came up with the theory.

with Hermann Bondi and Fred Hoyle he was an advocate of the Steady State Theory which was a rival of the Big Bang Theory in the 1950s.

He also believed that life on earth was a result of extraterrestrials dumping their waste on Earth.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

this explaining Ed Miliband exactly.

Ho hum...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Are you (partially) red-green colour blind? That might well explain your problem.

The contrast is different for different individuals. They could have used red instead of orange - but that wouldn't help for some.

A better choice would have been solid green for "in progress" and dotted green for "proposed"

Reply to
Martin Bonner

ndy

IIRC they use aluminium for suspended power cables because it has a higher = conductivity per unit mass than copper does. But copper has higher conduc= tivity per unit volume.

Reply to
RobertL

Does he have a sister called Jennifer, I wonder.

Reply to
grimly4

the Today prog the other morning, and as I said at the time, he quoted a "study" to support his PoV. The next day's Times rubbished that "study", as it was partly funded by a pro-wind interest group, and the analysis suffered from "a number of schoolboy howlers", as The Temps put it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Leads to an image of the Eargh shooting off into space like a farting balloon, should someone drill too deep.

Reply to
grimly4