Granite Worktop Repairs

I need to repair a couple of chips on a edge of a piece of granite. Having read through a few posts I think you can use a type of resin.

Has anyone any advice where this can be purchased- online? And advise using it please....

Thanks, Tim.

Reply to
<tim>

When you say the edge,do you mean the flat of the side or the underneath?

If so why not chamfer it all the way?

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

That's either some very wimpy granite you have there, or some very tough cups and saucers. :-)

The link below might help

Mike Halmarack

I could but....... you know of a DIY method to do this and polish it?

Thanks Tim.

Reply to
<tim>

Thanks Mike - expensive solution, but atleast I know it can be done. Off to the local stone mason next!

Cheers, Tim.

Reply to
<tim>

How about a 2-part epoxy resin such as Araldite. You could add some crushed granite that looks similar, when you mix it. When it's set, file the excess off and polish with fine emery. Smear with cooking oil and you'll never tell the difference. You could experiment first by casting a small square of epoxy and see how it looks.

Reply to
Nick