Grand designs last night

*drool* *dribble*
I want.
'nuff said.

Yes if I ever happen to have a spare 3/4 million lying around I might build on like that.
Cheers Dan
yeah, i noted that as well. 350k for the laand 320k from savings!!?! flipping heck! and 170k~ish as a further mortgage.
hells teeth - 320k savings!? I'm clearly slacking.
the house *was* amazing though, it is worth living beyond your means for a house like that?
Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:

up by at least another 75k
Nice house but I'm not sure it was good value.
D.

I'm sure he will make a nice profit on selling, but I thought a lot of money for what it was (that is the build, not the acres of land around).

I cant recall where it is, presumably down south somewhere, but it looked like well over a million quids worth today.
--
Richard Faulkner

I'd say you're right - but also it's the sort of house that doesn't get sold for a couple of generations.
--
Selah

Stephen Gower wrote:

hereford IIRC

Berkshire downs.

IMM wrote:

Yer right. Herefird was another one

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:20:38 +0000 (UTC), Stephen Gower

Dunno. I felt there were plenty of negative vibes from the wife about the place. The underlying impression I got was that they would have stayed in the previous dwelling if they'd have known what they'd have to go through.
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 01:04:19 +0100, Richard Faulkner wrote:

It's in Lambourn, West Berks.If it's where I think it is, then it's up Long Hedge, which is a turning up towards the downs and in the General direction of Sheep Drove. Nice country if it wasn't for the bloody 'orses everywhere!

And only a few minutes of extra footage over the original. Being proclaimed as a new series I had hoped for a bit more - esp. as the original was on UK Style just a couple of weeks ago.
Rod