Grand Designs C4 21:00

Right - your remark could be taken either way.

See above. ;-)

Especially when the heating bills come in.

GD isn't perfect - but so much ahead of all the others that have tried to copy it. But all others have a twist to make them more generally 'entertaining'. And I'd guess this is down to KM - so I'm happy to leave it to him.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And you knew as soon as KM started saying how careful they would need to be that there would be an "issue". I'm convinved this program is planned and scripted for the "drama". Either that or they film a hell of a lot more and all the successful ones end up on the cutting room floor.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Pretty much like most TV, then, especially "reality" TV.

Reply to
John Williamson

He's a busy guy so I'm sure he records those bits after the f'up has been happened.

At the time I thought they were asking for it pouring the whole height in one go as if there was a split at the bottom once it was full it would take a v long time to stop. If they'd really been concerned about pissing concrete onto the railway line (well embankment as the line was a good 10m away - more drama) they'd have added some shuttering as a precautionary berm or in direct contact with the foam mould to give some supplementary support.

Anyway, he's won, we're talking about the show.

Reply to
fred

There's an 'issue' on every single one of these progs. Sometimes more than one. But usually resolved so KM's fears prove right, but a happy ending. And of course the 'script' is written after much of the filming. Same as any other documentary. You present the bones of the filming in the way you want to.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thats because all his private musings are put on AFTER the mistake has been filmed.

but a happy ending.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

We won't tell anybody you watched Midsomer Murders :-)

tim

Reply to
tim....