Grand Designs

I had the box on just now with that GD programme on. Naturally I wasn't paying any attention. I was quite surprised to see a decent building at the end of the programme.

That's a one off isn't it?

The programme that followed it discussed building with straw. It mentioned that you dare not get it wet. Did they mean not even initially, I wonder, as it occurred to me that laying them on mud would be a good way to coat them.

Lay a stack of bales on wet mud, turn them over, lay another layer of mud down and put the next face face down and so on through all six facets. Wouldn't that be the way to build? You could then just throw the bales up and with mud mortar, the job's a good-un. No faffing around with a mower and packing between the bales and all that crap.

I suppose the trick would be setting the baler to get a thin bale. Maybe getting a press?

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Looked like nothing from the outside, and bloody huge inside !

Reply to
Colin Wilson