Got some Xmas money to spend? Sale now on

I know there are some fans on here so thought I just point out that there is a cracking sale on at the moment

Reductions and free upgrades!

:-)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Think I'll have a couple of cable elevators at £15.57.

Mind, partner has a couple of cotton reel centres and we've got some bluetack somewhere ...

Reply to
polygonum

The scary thing is that people do buy this stuff. I used to work with a couple of highly-paid IT developers, who I considered very intelligent, and shrewd in a worldly-wise sense, but they bought this sort of thing. The only thing they had in common was that they hadn't come into IT via the traditional numerate degree route, but I don't know if that is relevant.

There was definitely an "Emperor's New Clothes" thing going on between them - they looked to each other for approval of the performance of their respective Hi-fi systems.

Reply to
WetClay

You'll never see overpriced tat like that being used in Professional studios and broadcast . In fact people are surprised when they hear that places like that are often wired with no more then phone line cables from krone frame to frame etc....

Reply to
tony sayer

What sort of thing?

Ye have to distiguish items of high worth due to 1) technical brilliance and expensive engineering / materials or 2) "magical" marketing bull$hit from charlatans like RA?

To the "bloke in the street" they may be written of as identical.

"New wealth, must be seen with these clothes darling......."

Unless 2) can be scientifically proven not to be bull$hit, I suggest those items should enforceably have VAT charged at 40%.

That should sort 'em out.

Hmm, there are loads of other dubious industries that that VAT idea could also usefully apply to. Magical remedies and lotions....

Reply to
Adrian C

On the other hand, I found a competitor:

- Masters in Engineering and a PhD!

Reply to
Part Timer

mmmm

"For example, if you wanted a 4-way block with two 'small' 0.7m IEC outputs (e.g. for a CD player and a DAC) and one 'medium' 1.0m IEC output (e.g. for your amplifier), and a 0.4m 'large' inlet cable with a UK plug, then you just need to add up the cost of the normal cables (as listed on their own web pages, which can be reached through the menu on the left of this page) with the extra 10cm added on - i.e. two small 0.8m cables, one medium 1.1m cable and one large 0.5m cable. So this would cost =A3214.99 + =A3214.99 + =A3374.99 + =A3299.99 + =A3100.00 f= or the block and the SC module. "

er =A31205 for a mains distro board?

"And you can even choose between UK, EU or US silver mains plugs - they are all included in the prices given."

thank f*ck for that

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

speaker stands, which are a triangle of timber at the bottom, three lengths of brush steel, or Expect your sound to be more open, more natural, more detailed and with better separation of instruments and voices. Bass is typically more extended and tuneful too.

So well worth it

Reply to
Phil L

But you don't need a degree to see through that bullshit. Everyone knows that you can only get that type of improvement if the speaker is sitting on top of a 4 sided pyramid.

Reply to
alan

Oh - I thought you needed gold-plated mains plugs to get those effects

Reply to
charles

You'd get any opinion you wanted if you sat the listener on top of a 4 sided pyramid...

Bob Eager

But it's only worth doing that if the music stand lights of the entire orchestra was using them at the time of the recording.

Reply to
polygonum

Yes with oxygen free braided cables as well.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff