good grip on hammers

Is there something in existance that we could paint on to give a 'rubbery' texture, that would provide a good hand grip for axes and hammers etc. thanks.

Reply to
Dave West

PIB self amalgamating tape, only glues to itself , orginally made for HV cable jointing.

PIB is pretty cheap, Silicone self amalgamating, AKA Rescue Tape lot more expensive not as good as grip tape much better holding pressure though,

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

Also can get tape used on golf clubs

Reply to
F Murtz

Or see if you can get some very large heatshrink...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I was thinking of bicycle handlebar tape, but its probably the same thing as used on golf clubs and tennis rackets. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Follow your postman around for a while and acquire some rubber bands...

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

When I was a kid ... we used to buys rolls of tape to apply to drop handle bars of bikes .... that had good grip.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

wouldn't have to follow mine, just look in the drive ... think he saves them up to drop here.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

see other usages towards bottom of page

Reply to
alan

Now that RM have changed from red rubber bands to beige, they're harder to spot.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Indeed also for sealing Cat5 baluns to outdoor CCTV camera leads, prices vary

silicone is normally called self fusing and costs more , it will stand a lot more pressure and temperature though

For grip at a cost

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

One of cats collects them. They'd be no good on a handle though as they degrade very fast.

Reply to
usenet2012

True, but they're a renewable, free, resource.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet