Good gawd, Drivel was right, after all.

at what voltage though. 3 times the mah is not much point if the cell voltage drops a factor of 3 :-) I can do you a lot of mah per gram in a

2v battery.. :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Only 13A at 240 kV though!

(smiles at the thought)

Reply to
newshound

As a matter of irrelevance, an elderly friend of mine who sadly developed dementia has gone for a year with the NHS refusing to pay for his care. On investigation it turns out that he was down as having been sectioned and consequently they assumed he was in a special care home where charges go automatically to the NHS. In fact he has been in a private care home, at great cost to the family. There's now a barney going on about reimbursement.

They thought he'd been sectioned because he very nearly was, a year ago, when he was playing up rather a lot and wouldn't take his meds or leave his home to go to hospital.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Simples ... convert all pylons next to roads into charge stations :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Seems the common 3.7V flavour of Lithium ion batteries are lithium nickel manganese cobalt oxide cathode with graphite anodes

Sure. I've been trying to see what effect they say substituting a silicon anode for a graphite one would have on battery voltage, I think the graphite anodes are "inactive" within the the normal 3.7V Li-ion battery chemistry, so perhaps none at all.

They do sprinkle in encouraging phrases such as "no significant effect on the battery working voltage" but I daresay the chemistry of rechargeable Lithium cells is well beyond schoolboy Zn/Cu red-ox equations.

Reply to
Andy Burns