Gong looking for clock!

I have a piece of metal junk which makes a lovely Gongggg sound when struck lightly. It'd make a great clock gong if only I had a clock mechanism to gong-it with! Anyone know if/where I could get such a mechanical mechanism so I can make this diy clock?

ps I did think of sampling the sound and then somehow connecting it to a digital clock - but it's not the same really. Having said that I did wonder if a digital clock chip could be used to trigger a beefy relay and fix a hammer to tone of the relay "arms". No idea what chips are available fir such a project though. You thoughts appreciated. :-) Thanks

Reply to
dave