going rate for tiling

is there such as thing as a "going rate" for tiling wall and floors? Is it per meter?

Reply to
kd

I've no idea, but having done tiling myself, I would say it should be charged by the tile. Smaller tiles take longer to fit per sq metre as there are more of them, and the time to fit one tile is pretty much constant irrespective of size.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Err.. I don't hink the tiler that did my bathroom several years ago would agree. Working around pipework, radiators, alcoves, baths/bath panels, sinks and windows are all going to significantly affect the time it takes to complete the job, with lots of measuring, tile cutting and positioning. Tiling on floors over floorboards needs plywood bases on which to tile too.

If it were a straight forward job I'd agree, but some small rooms - bathrooms in particular could be a pain with lots of fiddly work.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews

I have paid =A325 Per sq/metre both times I have had tiling done. I have also had a number of quotes which are around this amount. I'm not really sure if this is a going rate or not but sounds reasonable to me. Oh BTW mosaics cost me more at about =A330

Cheers

Richard

Reply to
r.rain

I just had kitchen wall tiling done. Standard tiles (4"x4"?), 16 sqm, 2 days, £200. In the North West.

Reply to
getbent