Going rate for scrap car?

Just an idle question : what's the current going rate for scrapping a car for the metal these days?

Reply to
Clive George

dunno. last time I did it was in the 50-100 bracket but that was years ago.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There's a large mobile advertisement (the sort on a trailer that's parked beside the road) around here (North East) that says "Any scrap car: £100 minimum".

J.

Reply to
Another John

Ford focus, 170k on the clock but still a runner. Got several offers ranging from 180 to 220 quid (SE Kent). This was a month or so ago so pretty current.

IIRC,

was best price for us - but YMMV. Can't recommend as in the end as the dealer my dad was getting his motability car through offered 200 quid. Wasn't worth messing around for the extra

20 quid.

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Thought I hadn't noticed the C-Max for long...

Reply to
Bob Eager

heh, nope - i've had the cmax since 07. 130k on clock now so looking to get rid now :-)

My old focus I gave to my dad - that's the one with the high milage (190k actually, not 170). Still on it's original clutch as well...

Can't say it owes us anything :-)

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

I'm probably noticing it because we just got one...

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , Another John writes

They lie. Cue, "ah, it's only an , nah, I can pick it up but I can't give you anything for it".

You can try to avoid this if you don't wait until the day before the tax/sorn/insurance is due to expire and are prepared to phone around a bit.

Geoff's beemer will prob have been worth a bit in spares.

Reply to
fred