Glyphosate kill delay

The bracken looks slightly discouraged, but not much more than that. Suppose I'll have to spray again. The elderberry is new growth and seems now to be dying.

Indeed. But having sprayed myself accidentally I'm now a little concerned about its alleged harmlessness so slightly reassured that the solution was weak.

Reply to
Windmill

I wonder if a little squirt of dish detergent migh be helpful?

It's not so easy to decide which brand has the highest concentration. Seems to have been made a little obscure, perhaps on purpose.

Reply to
Windmill

Is that the shrub with purplish flowers?

Reply to
Windmill

Parts of my garden wwere covered in it when I moved in.

The brusing technique mentioned above works, but you need to combine that with hitting it at the right time of year - just as it stops growing for the current year prior to dying off for the winter. That's when the plant draws back nutrients from the stems to store over winter in the roots (which are very deep). You want it to draw back the glyphosate too, so it sits in the roots over winter and has a long chance to kill them whilst they are inactive. Even so, it will take 2-3 years to knock it on the head, and you'll always get the odd one popping up afterwards which you can handle individually.

My garden is almost completely free of it for 10 years now, although since there are gardens nearby covered in the stuff, I have to be dilegent in taking out the occasional new one.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

polygonum

If they were, we'd(!) be sued for having them in our gardens. Big corporations, in league with judges that like money, are good at punishing victims, as we've already seen.

Reply to
PeterC

It ought to be in the small print of ingredients as g/l.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

No different to grocery shopping. Never assume an "offer" is the best value, around 50% of the time it is not.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice