Glulam or flitch beams

I'm looking at a self build lean-too conservatory which because it is a low cottage, will have a low angled roof and limited capacity for high ratio beams, so I'm looking at flitch or glulam beams.

I'm going round in circles a bit trying to find some design instructions and calculations via Mr Google and wondered if anyone here could supply a short cut to my searches.

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Not done this sort of calculation for a long while, but have recently found this site useful ..

it helps .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I can recommend what was Mr. Bryer's excellent Superbeam... There was[1] a working demo that would be fine[2] for messing about with if you don't need to produce nice printouts for building control etc. (demo is pint inhibited and plasters demo over everything)

Here seems to be the place:

not tried the current demo, so don't know if its still the case.

[2] With the usually CAD caveat - stick the wrong info in and it will let you design wrong stuff more quickly ;-)
Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, yes, yes!

Reply to
Tony Bryer

superbeam.co.uk=A0www.eurobeam.co.uk=A0www.greentram.com

When we used them the local suppler was happy to do all this.

Worth a try asking them.

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
fred