Gluing to Brick

Is there a fairly quick setting gunge-type glue that can be used to glue plastic conduit to brick. I need to glue some in place so that it doesn't wobble about when re-plastering. I've tried the quick grip type stuff but it seems to take an age to set properly.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew May

Try Pink Grip - it will stick anything to anything!

Reply to
Bodgit

Andrew May wibbled on Thursday 28 January 2010 11:34

I gave up looking for a suitable adhesive[1] and used short heavy clout nails into the mortar joints. Wek nails make this painful - think mine came from toolstation or screwfix about 1" long, big flat heads, worked a treat.

[1] though I did consider a hot glue gun - might work, never tried it, nails were quicker once I'd found some that actually worked...
Reply to
Tim Watts

I've done that for channelling but this is the oval plastic conduit.

Reply to
Andrew May

Andrew May wibbled on Thursday 28 January 2010 12:30

So was mine. Worked perfectly. The nail heads are around 7mm dia, so there is more than enough overlap to hook oval into place and the nail heads are thin enough not to make you channel excessively deeply.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Hot glue gun.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Must be smelly pink grip though, the non-smelly isn't nearly as good.

R.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Stixall will hold reasonably quickly - maybe half an hour or so. Or some one-part PU glues - cheaper and very strong when they've gone off. Spray a bit of water on the brick to accelerate the glue.

Reply to
John Stumbles