Glue for stretchy fabric - in reasonable quantity

I want to glue some moderately stretchy fabric, in particular I want to be able to glue hems and seams so they lie flat. I can't seem to find anything really suitable for this in reasonable quantities (e.g.

250ml to 1 litre sort of sizes).

Can anyone recommend a type of glue and/or supplier?

Reply to
cl

the classic fabric glue was copydex - the one that smells of ammonia.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1 you can still buy it.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Sheet polythene, or slightly better iron-on webbing. Insert, hot iron.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Ah yes, of course, and it's available in the sort of quantities I want, thank you!

Reply to
cl

+2 it is still the same and works. Not some watered down product :)
Reply to
Tim Watts

Possibly Bondaweb. But what are you trying to do?

Reply to
polygonum

Isn't PVA more or less the same stuff? You can buy that quite cheaply by the gallon!

Reply to
Roger Mills

Absolutely not in anyway the same.

You can buy that quite cheaply by

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I just used some to repair an arch support yesterday!

Reply to
Bob Eager

No, it's very different stuff.

Copydex is basically a latex solution in water, and dries flexible/elastic.

Reply to
Chris French

Mmm. I suspect less water than ammonia by the smell.

There is one that doesn't smell of ammonia but its not very good.

There are two other 'liquid rubber' type glues - original Evostick and puncture repair 'solution'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Lidl contact adhesive - similar to what Evostik was before they changed the formula - is very good. Down to my last tube. Hope they do some again shortly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)