Glue for plastic oxygen pipe

ISTR that my FiL's had the internally ridged tube, but there was a "socket" bonded on to one end of each tube, and joins were made just by pushing a length of tube into that socket. No adhesive used.

Reply to
newshound

Apollo 1.

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Big difference between a room full of 100% O2 and a tube full of O2 in a room full of air. I'm perhaps pretty sure that there's been a mention of a flame arrester in the gas line.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Sure. It's not likely to burn the house down. But if you do get a problem, and the hose catches it's likely to burn quite fiercely. Unless you have the correct plastic, in which case it won't burn at all.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I don't get it. The OP mentions an oxygen concentrator. Therefore the overall oxygen level within the same room will stay the same and not increase.

Oxygen will rapidly mix/diffuse with the rest of the (oxygen depleted) air to make it back to near normal air again. Oxygen generators produce little oxygen. Even a dustbin sized one will only produce 5 litres per minute.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Have you any idea of the supply rate of oxygen?

There is also the on/off switch.

Reply to
Fredxxx

This one is a small cabinet on wheels about two feet tall and can be set to deliver from zero to 5L per minute. It has a mains failure alarm.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield