Glowworm ultimate boiler

hi,
I noticed yesterday evening that my above mentioned boiler seemed to take ages to actually light and stay that way. Normally I am used to a sort of clonk and and a second or two of ticking and then it is up and running. However yesterday and this again this morning I noticed that it takes about 10 minutes before it actually stays running, in the mean time it keeps clonking.
Sorry that the description is not too good!! Any idea if this is something fixable? I guess I will have to get someone out to look at it - iirc it has not been serviced since 1999 (when I moved into the house).
Cheers, Matt
ps. any recommendations for a decent boiler servicer in the Dorchester area of Dorset?
Matthew Ames wrote:

I don't know this particular boiler but based on similar problem it could be a thermocouple which are cheap and easy to replace.
BillR wrote:

Without knowing anything about this boiler you can safely say it does not have a thermocouple because the OP mentions ticking.
Because everything nearly works there is no really serious problem and I strongly suspect crud/debris/wear in the ignition electrode of the flame sensing electrode.
It might also be marginal air-flow proving that improves just enough when warmed up.
Time it had a service.
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

... Electronic ignition
IS the "clonk" the fan coming on ?
If it's going click click click .... that's the ignition circuit trying to light the pilot, so that means the fan and pressure switch are probably OK, therefore:
Most likely reasons are
a relay in the pcb going high resistance, the HT lead has a break in it the electrode isn't in the pilot flame / it's burned away you have a bad earth (a bit of corrosion developing somewhere ?)
--
geoff