Gloves, again

Looking at gloves on Screwfix's site: there's no mention of size and I need XL at least.

yellow gripper gloves and superior riggers gloves

any experience please?

Reply to
PeterC

The ultimate cowhide riggers are worth the extra IME:

the grippers, the yellow latex lattice over kitted material are good for plasterboard etc, but not that comfortable I find.

These make quite a good general glove with extra grip:

are quite snug on me (large hands as well), but ok for a reasonable duration.

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks John, they look better.

At least they're not too expensive if too small.

Reply to
PeterC

You wouldn't need that with SF, they will accept anything back no question. If you call at a depot they will take the goods out of the warehouse so you can look at them.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Like John I think the Ultimate riggers gloves are a good buy.

I have smallish hands but I think there should be sufficent room for much bigger hands than mine.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

I'll pop up tomorrow a.m., when the I won't be in the way of professional customers.

My experience is that the branch isn't too keen on unpacking things: I needed to look at a combination square, just to see if it was matt or reflective and was allowed to because it could stay in its bag.

If the gloves are too small and I can't try them on, I can take them back anyway.

Reply to
PeterC

Oh. Not been my experience at all. Tried on a pair of safety boots, they un boxed a hop up with tray

(bloody brilliant bit of kit) and I've seen them unpack taps & rad valves for customers.

Guess it depends on the depot, my local is extreemly helpful.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Yes, does look good - but too high for me in standard rooms - my eye-line would be about middle of plasterboard.

And also how many waiting.

Well, got the gloves and just tried them on. Snug fit, perhaps will loosen with use. They're Size 10, so I probably need 12s, same as me feet!

Reply to
PeterC

> (bloody brilliant bit of kit)

Of the tall persuasion obviously. I'm 6' and find it perfect.

Suppose so, its never been that busy when I go in. More of a steady stream all day.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

My grandaughter worked there at the Yeovil offices, on the phones,a couple of years back and the policy then was that if the goods were valued at less than £10, keep them. Just not worth it to recover them, what with postage etc. Value may have increased by now.

Reply to
Old Git