Glossy worktop scratches

I know that many aren't keen on glossy worktops on account of how easily they scratch but OH wanted them and now we have some new ones in with some light scratching on them.

I'm not going to be too precious about it, they look good, but if they can be polished up i'll put the effort in at least while they are new.

So can I buff them up?

Reply to
R D S

T-cut

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Glossy what? melamine?stainless? stone?polished wood?

Reply to
F Murtz

I think all work surfaces that are shiny should have an accompanying sign. Please do not use as surface will scratch... grin

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Just put more scratches, quickly. Then you will not notice the scratches.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

What's that antiscratch stuff they coat glass lenses with?

Reply to
Adrian C

Silicon dioxide I think.

Reply to
R D S

Hmmm...

I'm assuming your worktop is a plastic laminite?

Idly googling 'plastic laminate scratch' found a webpage with a load of recommendations on different grit sanding sheets. Check the post by M Wiesman, looks a very involved process.

website might have other stuff, and some crossover with car polishing techniques, which I know none.

Hell, I haven't even washed my car this year ...

Reply to
Adrian C

T cut was mentioned, i've seen others on the web mention it too. I have polish at work for plastic lenses which has a very slight cutting action, I will try some of that on one of those electric car polishing tools.

This year? It's not unusual for a car to never get a wash again if it end up mine.

Reply to
R D S

Not sure if anyone has said it before, but please don't top-post. There will be a setting in Outlook Express for your replies to start under the previous text.

Reply to
Part Timer

It has been said to poster innumerable times. Mostly by people who have either failed to read his sig. or failed to connect the posting style.

"Blind user, so no pictures please!"

Reply to
polygonum

Sorry!