Gloss white paint

Can anyone explain why good quality, ie Dulux and Crown, white oil base paint turns to an off white colour after a fairly short period of time?

Reply to
Lawrence Zarb

Lack of UV resistance typical of alkyd based paints. Try using a (water based) acrylic gloss or eggshell instead.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

non-yellow water-based gloss in their "Everywhere" range.

ABC

I find gloss paint yellows most quickly behind furniture (i.e. when completely shaded from any light). I don't dispute the UV connection, but cannot explain this conundrum.

Reply to
John Laird