gloss paint drips

Has anyone got any tips on removing drips in gloss paint that is a few days old.

I started to spot sand the the drip but it became clear pretty quickly that the paint had not dried so i sanded a bit more and have ended up back to the wood i was covering. I have touched up the scars with white emulsion and will re-gloss but was wondering if there was a better way to approach this job.

Reply to
bob

quickly

Very careful application of a razor blade, but not always sucessful as the inner thicker paint may still be too sticky

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Why emulsion? Emulsion is a very poor undercoat for a gloss finish, as it doesn't flow. White undercoat would be much better.

If you can be patient, I'd leave it a few weeks until the paint has hardened off. You might be able to shave them off with a razor blade, or wet and dry (depending on the situation). However, you're also rather likely to see the patch unless you are a very skilled painter (which, judging by the fact that you got drips in the first place, seems unlikely). Your best bet (if you're reluctant to start again with the whole item) would be to repaint the section - e.g. on a door that might be the panel, or the stile, or the muntin etc.

Edward

Reply to
Edward

The drips were actually left by a "professional" painter i had in; I would get him back but i daren't. Thanks for the razor blade tip.

Reply to
bob

The drips were actually left by a "professional" painter i had in; I would get him back but i daren't.

Thanks guys for the razor blade tip.

Reply to
bob