Gloss on metal shutters?

We have painted our shop woodwork with acrylic white gloss. I intend to do the shutters also, can I use the same paint (I have plenty left)? Or will I end up wishing I had used aluminium paint?

Ta

Reply to
R D S

Some more information needed. Are they bare metal? If so, what sort? If not, what coating do they currently have? If it's paint, is it sound? If so, just rub down (trying NOT to get through to the metal if poss., just to key it), and then undercoat and acrylic gloss. Depending on the quality of the paint, your work might last a couple of years or twenty (I painted my parents' metal casement windows 20 years ago with Dulux Weathershield and it's still fine, if a bit dull).

Edward

Reply to
teddysnips

Bare metal, I think it's aluminium.