Globe bath taps questions

Hi all
I have some of the above fitted to my bath and they are in need of replacing. I have have one of them off before and wished I had never touched it as it had been bodged when installed.
My question is, how are they supposed to fit to the bath correctly? Are they supposed to have a long bit of 3/4" threaded pipe that screws fully into the tap, and this protrudes through the wall of the bath, to which a pipe connector is fitted?
Do the taps need a good seal against the wall of the bath to be watertight? I had a hell of a job stopping leaks when I took my tap off, as there was only a very short amount of thread on the inside of the bath which to connect to.
Any ideas of manufacturers or suppliers of said globe taps?
Cheers
Steve
On 10 Sep 2003 07:47:08 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@komatsu-uk.com (Steve) wrote:

Sottini does a tap called Globe, which you can see here http://www.sottini.co.uk/products/mixers_taps/index.html
If this is the one you can call them on 01482 449513 - it's the upmarket brand of Ideal Standard I think.
HTH
Neil