Glazing door

Hi When I looked at glazed doors in the diy shops the glazing beads appeared to be glued in. As I am about to hang a new internal wooden door with a glass pane I wonder if anybody has tried gluing in the beads, whether it was a succ- ess and what sort of adhesive was used. Th door will then be finished with a clear varnish. Any advice or knowledge will be much appreciated. Many thanks

Bill

Reply to
Bill

The beads need to come out when the glass breaks or for whatever maintenance reason may crop up. Just use pins like they always have. The stuck side is the outside the beads are on the inside. Use a little silicon in the rebate if you like. Take care not to use so much that it pushes out. It is a bugger to shift.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Thanks for that. I am going to try fixing the beads with Nonails. Reards Bill

Reply to
Bill