Glass Basin Fixing

Just got a bathroom glass basin from Focus at the weekend (£129 on offer!) with all the fittings.

Only thing it's heavy and that's without any water!

The only fitting required is a steel plate on a bracket which is then wall mounted with no floor support. I will be fixing this to a brick wall which is tiled (no plaster).

Question: Should I take this back as it looks like it could fall on me ? Or does anyone have any experience of fitting these type of suspended wall basins ?

Dave Dixon

Reply to
David D

In message , David D writes

Why should it fail, do you feel the design of the bracket is at fault?

As long as it is securely fixed I can't see a problem here (without seeing the item). I would think a small Rawlbot type fixing might be better here than a screw and plug

Reply to
chris French

If you are fixing to a brick wall, then it sounds like an easy job to get a good fixing. A couple of decent sized screws (3 - 4") into rawl plugs in the wall will be more than adequate.

(some sinks come with double ended combined bolts / screws these days - a 3" heavy screw section that you fix into the wall, and there is a protruding bolt section on the other end of te screw that the basin mounts on. The only difference with these is you drive the screw into the wall with a small spanner rather than a screwdriver).

Reply to
John Rumm