Geyer Proteus MCBs

Anyone ever used these?

My brief acquaintance with them over the last couple of days leads me to the conclusion they are a complete POS!

Spent some time helping a friend sort out some electrical funnies - most of them caused by previous visits from the wiring Muppet it seems (two

16A radials from one 32A MCB, one 1mm^2 T&E lighting circuit on another 32A MCB, and a feed to an outbuilding made in 10mm^2 T&E wired directly into a Henley block after meter on a 100A supply - Wylex rewireable CU with no RCD in workshop at the other end - oh, and TT supply with 32 ohm Ze!)

I discovered today that an alarming number of the aforementioned MCBs only actually turn on about one time in three! They look like they are on, but no volts present on the top of them. Turn them off and on, all working again!

Reply to
John Rumm

I had the same problem with an MK MCB last week, but I agree Proteus are a POS.

Adam I changed a main switch in one today.

Reply to
ARWadsworth