Getting UK TV outside the country

WTF has DSO got to do with DSAT signal strengths?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

For the average Joe Public probably quite a lot. An otherwise intelligent neighbour of mine was convinced that DSO meant that there was no longer a need for people a UHF TV aerial on their chimneys as everything was now coming via satellite. The fact she still had a UHF aerial and no dish hadn't occurred to her.

Reply to
Bill

Well engineer a worse fade margin then by installing a smaller dish, and an LNB with a higher noise figure.

Reply to
The Other Mike

unless you are one of the unlucky ones that gets clobbered by.

Mark

phrase below and wonder exactly which planet they are living on?

"In these cases, expected to be in rural areas, up to £10,000 per household will be provided to fund alternative solutions to receiving television - such as having fibre cabling installed"

The nearest fibre optic cable is at least 10 miles away. £10,000 per household would not scratch the surface of providing BT Infinity services here. I don't have enough bandwidth on ADSL for one channel of HD - a few on the exchange side of the beck do. The unlucky folk in the neighbouring village would get better internet speeds with bonded ISDN!

If I am affected I will be building a 4G jammer and visiting London.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Doubt it will do you any good at all..

Here is some interesting reading on the problem;)....

might have to copy and paste!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes thats the situation im in, dont get particularly good digital terrestrial reception and a nice line of very mature scots pines at 28.2°E, was hopeful it would improve after switch-over then read about the 4G ;(

-
Reply to
Mark

Hmm, 10 grand handout for finding a solution which results in not bothering with TV because it's all crap anyway? Sounds like a pretty good deal to me...

Reply to
Jules Richardson

I thought you had to have a telephone line connected to your Sky box?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Only for the first 12 months, I have some friends who live abroad and use my UK address for correspondence.

Reply to
Andy Burns