Getting the doors off a shower cubicle

How??

In particular: it's a square, bi-fold door enclosure. It looks like this B&Q one

but I don't think it is, as it may have been an original from when the house was built 7 years ago. The problem is, the doors are held on by screws on the runners top and bottom. The bottom runner is therefore inaccessible as the tray is in the way.

I can't see a way of removing the bottom screws without dismantling the whole enclosure, which is a bit much, seeing as all I wanted to do was re-grout, mastic around the tray, and give all those scummy, hidden crevices a bit of a clean.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

A photo of the runner etc might help.

Reply to
John Rumm

When removing a vaguely similar shower door last weekend I removed the top part of the door frame ( held in by one screw each side accessible form above), and then lifted the door out of the frame. Watch out they're flippin heavy when unsupported.

Reply to
airsmoothed

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 13:37:05 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, John Rumm randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Done.

?action=view&current=DSC00071.jpg

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

can't really see the runner mechanism on the end of the door closely enough. I would guess that it detaches from the door in some way.

Reply to
John Rumm

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:57:43 +0100, a particular chimpanzee, John Rumm randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Yes, by a 40mm long screw on the bottom of the runner, which is 25mm above the shower tray. If the bottom rail is anything like the top, it is screwed in to the sides of the uprights, so one would have to remove the frame from the wall. The fixed end of the door mechanism appears to be screwed into the bottom rail from its underneath. The doors must have been put in place before the whole cubicle was fixed to the wall!

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

Could you not take the top roller off the door, and then lift the bottom one out of its channel?

Reply to
John Rumm