getting sealant off brickwork

I've taken down an old lean to conservatory and am left with a line of hardened brown mastic and also a line of black rubber sealant.

I've scraped off what I can but it probably needs a solvent to get any more off. What do I need?

Reply to
avevers

Assuming it's silicone-based, try something like 'silicon eater' (from eg Screwfix.)

David

Reply to
Lobster

Thanks lobster. I'll give it a go though I'm not sure either sealant is silicone based.

I'm guessing one, the brown frame sealant, is oil based and the other is butyl rubber.

Reply to
avevers