Getting rid of somke smells

Have you not noticed the bloody great lavender air freshner smell that it gives off?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thanks for all the helpful information. I have washed through the kitchen again . Still cannot move the smell. Have OH working on it. Suspect work surface and floor which are still scorched - and possibly ceiling which I cannot reach.

On the smoke detectors, I have found out that if I have the fire fighters come out to advise on protection they will give me a smoke alarm and position it for free ( this is because my OH is over 60 and retired apparently , we qualify for the freebie!).

Reply to
sweetheart

Rectangula spong floor mop, Flash in a bucket of warm water works quite well for ceilings (unless textured).

Splendid - go for it :)

Reply to
Tim Watts

And if it's anything like what happened with my Pensioner parents, they will turn up in a big f'off fire engine, wearing uniforms and everything. Mum nearly fainted in delight....

Reply to
funkyoldcortina

What's a SOMKE and what does it smell like? :)

Reply to
Dean Heighington