Getting Rid of Mouse Smell

Hello, We were recently the subject of an occupation by at least three mice who gained entry via the gap in the floorboards under the sink in our bedroom en-suite. Action was taken, traps were set (one caught and disposed of) and to ensure complete eradication we enlisted the help of the local pest company who, after mentioning that we had a minor infestation, laid poison (which has been eaten). It's now 6 days later and , as far as we can see, there has been no new mouse ventures (no droppings or sounds of scurrying) for the last three days. Perhaps we are now free! We did have the usual musty smell in one of the bedrooms but this has gone. However, there is still bit of a musty smell in the en-suite. Does anybody know a good way of getting rid of this or will it take time and a good airing?
Victor

I guess it is because you have dead mice bodies rotting under the floor. If you could remove them then it will not smell. You will have a job finding them though. They are only small and will soon dry out and stop smelling. Hopefully some insects won't lay eggs in them in the mean time.
David

I know that rats dribble urine every where they go, It is likely mice do the same. This will smell but would be very hard to remove due to the inaccessible places mice go through
David
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:00:38 -0000, Victor West wrote:

I tempted to say find the bodies but that smell could hardly be defined as "musty"...
Personally we don't use poison if we can help it mainly because of the body problem and it's not a very nice way to die either compared to a break back trap.
Indeed we've only resorted to poison for the 3 young rats that "out stayed their welcome" aka dared to venture in at all. I cornered and killed one myself, the other two took the poison one decided that it's last minutes where going to be in the middle of the study floor (helped on it's way with a heavy rolled up newspaper), the third choose to expire behind the fridge, niffy time...
--
Cheers snipped-for-privacy@howhill.com
Dave. pam is missing e-mail
Victor West wrote:

All smells are due to organoc decay of some sort. If teh decaying materiel suppkly is cut off, nature takes its course and teh transformation to dust that will get eaten by small insects can take plce.
Relax, and sniff your armpits, with a beer.
All things pass.

Could you expand on this technique please? I've never heard of being able to smell an armpit using a beer..... ;)
PoP
PoP wrote:

That would have been:
Relax, and smell your armpits with a beer.
The punctuation clearly shows that 'and sniff your armpits' is an extraneous clause or whatever its called. I.e. an aside.

Well, wine has a nose...
--
*If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried *

Dave Plowman wrote:

Strongly recommend 'Eats, Shoots, and Leaves' for Christmas reading (NOT you IMM. Its too advanced for you).
Some hilarious examples and deeply disturbing ones too.

That'll be the dissatisfied panda in the restaurant, then?
Do they cover 'nut screws washer and bolts'?
--
*When the going gets tough, use duct tape

Dave Plowman wrote:

No. Too blue I guess.
Ther was an interesting passage from the bible tho.