Getting rid of a rat

Andy Dingley wrote: :: On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 13:00:29 -0000, "Owain" :: wrote: :: ::: I can remember trying on holiday to buy stamps in Ciliau Aeron post ::: office from a very old postmaster who had *no* English and the ::: whole conversation had to be conducted by pointing at the picture ::: of stamps on the wall. :: :: Quick guide to Welsh: :: :: Double every "l" :: :: Stick "io" on the end of the nouns.

Reminds me of the old joke about the Englishman on holiday in North Wales.

Everywhere he went, the natives reverted to the 'Welsh' when he appeared. In the end he spoke to the Pastor about it.

"Boyo" said the Pastor, "the Welsh are a shy people.You must engratiate yourself. Just say Jakida boyo!"

"Jakida boyo" said the Englishman "What does that mean?"

"Greetings friend" said the Pastor.

The Englishman remembered this & one Sunday he was walking down a country lane when he saw a man with his head under the bonnet of a car, "Jakida boyo" he greeted, "F**K OFF you Welsh B******D" was the reply ;-)

-- ©J.Milton.Hayes©

Reply to
J.Milton.Hayes

"J.Milton.Hayes" wrote | Andy Dingley wrote: | :: Stick "io" on the end of the nouns. | "F**K OFF you Welsh B******D"

I forgot that one in the earlier list: ffwcio :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I always liked the expression

"Bronnau fel bryniau Eryri"

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Sorreee!

Reply to
Peter Scott

J.Milton.Hayes

"J.Milton.Hayes" wrote | "Owain" wrote | > I forgot that one in the earlier list: ffwcio :-) |

"Cofrestrwyd a chondemiwyd gan Heddlu Dyfed Powys fel cylchgrawn subversive."

Shouldn't that be spelt swbfyrsuf?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Do you trust the Yanks to be that accurate...

Don't you mean Canadian?

Reply to
Mark Evans

Hence the old joke:

"When the Germans fly over the British duck." "When the British fly over the Germans duck." "When the Americans fly over everybody ducks."

Reply to
Mark Evans

More like dig down... This is archeology rather than humour :)

Reply to
Mark Evans

They don't need to be with a B52 - if they get the county right then you are quids in (providing you aren't in that county).

PoP

PoP

How come its OK for you to tell old jokes, when you criticise others for doing the same?

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott