Getting rid of a rat

The trouble is a rat is pretty much the same as IMM. Even if death is staring him in the face, he woukld neither recognise, believe nor understand it.

Just shoot it and enjoy the sport. Anything else is a waste of emotional involvement.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That is quite possibly the most obscure joke I've ever seen.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Suez - world's worst case of amphetamine psychosis. Eden was off his trolley on the stuff.

-- "Put me back on the bike - I've got to pedal off to my dealer"

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Doesn't work. I've shot them and had the corpse eaten by the remaining rats.

Reply to
Huge

Henec th4 euse of te 12 bore. There is very little corpse :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How come only the American pilots F^&*( up then ?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Evidence?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

There's actually quite a lot, Mary.

Put 'eden' and 'amphetamines' as Google search terms.

Here's one example:

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall
[OT] Rat joke:

A man walks into a pub and says "I'll have a pint of rat please." "A pint of rat?" asks the batman incredulously "Yup. A pint of rat." The barman shrugs. He goes down to the cellar, bashes a rat over the head, brings it up to the kitchen. He drops the dead body into a liquidiser, then pours the frothy pink liquid into a pint glass. "That'll be £2.50 please" he says. The guy takes the glass, and sits down.

After 10 minutes, he's back at the bar. "Another pint of rat - you can use the same glass."

So the barman goes back down to the cellar, finds another rat. Over the head. Into the liquidiser. In the glass. "£2.50 please"

In another 10 minutes, the guy's back again. "Just a half this time, mate"

The barman sighs, goes back down to the cellar and gets a third rat. This time, when he gets to the kitchen he takes one of the chef's knives to chop the rat in two, picks one severed half up by the tail and into the liquidiser. "That's be £1.25 then" The bloke pays the money, and takes a sip of the drink. He swears and spits it out over the floor. "I can't bloody drink this!" he excaims. "Why not?" asks the barmen "You've had two already.

The man slams the glass down on the counter, stares icily at the barman and replies...

"This is no good - it's got no head!"

(the funny thing is I was just told this by a fairly radical vegan rat-fancier)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Can't take the drugs probably.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Mary,

I assume that you have got a Ratzapper - and have had some success with it?

We caught *one* rat with ours last year, but have not managed to temp any more to come near it - and we know they exist, we have seen them! I am trying to follow the recommended procedure of putting bait in but not turning it on until they get used to it - but the bait remains uneaten! I am using the little round pellets which came with it.

Do you use a different bait - if so, what?

Reply to
Set Square

You call that evidence?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I've never heard that one.

It's good.

Reminds me of the canary one ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Considering the author, not really. However, there are plenty of references to Eden's use of ampetamines.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Throughout my life there have been many references to my - ahem - activities with men other than my husband.

I wouldn't mind if I'd had the fun :-)

References, talk, gossip, hearsay ... not worth listening to.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

... but this was covered by Discovery Channel so it must be right.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

... but this was covered by Discovery Channel so it must be right.....

.. poor spouse.... .andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Rat glue works well, but I think it is banned in the UK.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Have you cleaned the trap thoroughly? Rats have very sensitive snifters, they may still be able to detect "the smell of death" what ever that is...

Who often do you check? Leave it well alone, ie keep at least 10' from it for at least a week, 'cause they'll still be able to smell you on the trap and may well be avoiding it for just that reason. The other obvious thing is to do is change the bait because what ever those pellets are they aren't the rat equivalent of the most yummiest, scrumptious thing you have very tasted.

Our mice can't resist Nuttella, had some success when we had rats as well. Though only caught the last inch and half of ones tail, which it knawed off.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

"Mary Fisher" wrote |

There was an 85-year old woman on the radio this afternoon who's just started learning Gaelic. It's never too late to try something new.

Owain

Reply to
Owain