Getting rid of a rat

Page 4 of 6
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:46:51 +0000, "Paul C. Dickie"
We're trying to make it die, not just dye it.
Enough NI3 to make a hole in it is likely to go off spontaneously. -- Do whales have krillfiles ?

Are we talking Nitrogen TriIodide MonoAmmine here? I know how to make that stuff, but I just want to kill the bugger, not have it wandering around the garden like a suicide bomber....
Cheers Clive
Andy Dingley wrote:

I agree. I think the answer is electrically detonated napalm. Or even petrol and washing up liquid.

Paul C. Dickie wrote:

As in 'we are the (3) nights of (Ni!)'
I explode in your general direction.

That is quite possibly the most obscure joke I've ever seen.

No this is...
What is the difference between a duck?
(Scroll down when baffled)
One leg is the same.
Peter Scott

That's not obscure, just very, very old.
Mary

Sorreee!

More like dig down... This is archeology rather than humour :)

My sister had one in her garden, it was blatant enough to eat from the chicken feeder during the day so the plan was:
Connect a long cable from a switch in the house to a metal plate underneath the feeder and the live to the feeder itself... (of course insulated from one another) Plan was to throw the switch when Ronald was on the plate, with his front feet on the feeder.
After a little time, he came... wait... wait... NOW!
What did we learn? Rats are good insulators!!! just ate his fill and went away again!!!
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:54:39 GMT, "Clive Summerfield"

If you have a US air force base in the vicinity it might be worth an anonymous phone call to say that you've just seen bin laden go under your shed. But it's probably best to make that call about 50 miles from home as the ordnance from a B52 could cause a new feature in your back garden which you will need to climb down into.
Alternatively, tell them that there are some UK soldiers practicing in your back garden. The US warthogs will be along shortly for a bit of target practice.
PoP
PoP wrote:

...or Canadians.
Interesting isn't it that only Americans are allowed to use the "I was only obeying orders defence", and the only (???) ones expected to fly doped up to the eyeballs on speed or whatever.
Steve

Is that so?
Mary

Steve wrote:

All combat pilots fly doped up to the eyeballs. It was standard issue in WWII.

Suez - world's worst case of amphetamine psychosis. Eden was off his trolley on the stuff.
-- "Put me back on the bike - I've got to pedal off to my dealer"

Evidence?
Mary
On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 21:43:56 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

There's actually quite a lot, Mary.
Put 'eden' and 'amphetamines' as Google search terms.
Here's one example:
http://qjmed.oupjournals.org/cgi/content/full/96/5/325?maxtoshow

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

You call that evidence?
Mary
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:42:32 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

Considering the author, not really. However, there are plenty of references to Eden's use of ampetamines.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Throughout my life there have been many references to my - ahem - activities with men other than my husband.
I wouldn't mind if I'd had the fun :-)
References, talk, gossip, hearsay ... not worth listening to.
<sigh - it might have been nice>
Mary