Getting off a mailing list?

As somone has already posted an off topic about email issues, here is another one I'd like to solve. Sure I could just keep dumping the offenders into spam and hope the google system virgin use learns, or I could, well read on..

One of my accounts seems to have got itself on a list which possibly genuine Chinese companies use to sell their products overseas. Looking at this little collection, I guess I could email some of them andask them to remove me from the list. About half of them are now getting through the Virgin filters into the inbox of said account. Any ideas? Maybe I should offer to rewrite their sales pitches in real English! See below if you chuckle at strange English. Some are not bad, but others, well..

Brian Dear Sir/Madam,

Good day! We got your email address from search engines. We are a professional manufacturer of golf trolley and electric & gas powered golf cars in China in the past years. Thanks to the rich technical personnel, advanced R&D capacity, abundant capital and employee's innovating spirit, we keep developing many novel, fashionable, specific and dignified models which are highly evaluated by the customers home and abroad for their quality, reasonable price and after-sale service. Hereby we wish to you draw your kind attention to the fact we are to highly appreciate your assistance and keenly look forward to entering into business relationship with you in the long run. Any of your efforts you exert to our company will be reciprocated due in the forthcoming future.

Please contact us if you need details of our products.

Best regards, Miss jane YONGKANG JINGHANG INDUSTRY CHANGCHENG INDUSTRIAL ZONE, YONGKANG, ZHEJIANG, CHINA Email: snipped-for-privacy@sina.com

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are glad to know you are in market for aluminum radiator ..

We are professional manufacture in aluminum radiator and iron radiator . As you know An understanding of one more chance ,Hope we have chance to know each other . Sincerely,

Alisa Dosan Industry Co,Ltd Tel:0086-579-87430762 86-18042583019 Email: snipped-for-privacy@zjdosan.com Msn: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Dear Parter, I am Glad to contact with you. We are professional manufacture and supplier of woodworking machinery,including the MDF production line,Particle board production line and OSB machinery.Edge banding machinery,CNC machines,laminating machinery.and sanding machines. The most is we produce the no glue panel production line,that is our board from our machinery don't have any formaldehyde.it is advanced technology and innovation in this field.we don't use the urea-formaldehyde or MDI glue.we use no glue adhesive.it can save 30%-50% chemical cost than urea-formaldehyde glue technology. In wood board making field.not only we can use the wood as the raw materials,our equipment can use the wheat straw.cotton straw or other crop straw as the raw materials to produce the MDF or PARTICLE BOARD. We use the single layer hotpress machines or continuous flat press machines to produce the MDF or PARTICLE BOARD. If you need the sanding machinery,melamine hotpress machines,or MDF,PARTICLE BOARD PRODUCTION LINE,please reply my email.I must send you more files and give you competitive price. After we cooperate,we teach you all technology and good afer selling service. Hope we build good and long-term cooperation. Look forward to your early reply. Warmer Regards, Becky Export department Manager Weifang dening industry Mail: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com Skype: Beckybecky666999999 Tel/Fax: 0086 0536 2155702

Dear Sir or Madam,

Wealth Land Electronics Co.,Ltd here.

We specialize in electronic devices field with full experience and we have

100 % confidence in our technology and quality.

Now our hot seller is anti-lost machine for iPhone and iPad . Anti-lost machine is a little guy with the bluetooth fuction can fit for iPhone and iPad . It can connect with the phone by bluetooth , and when the phone is out of the setting distance from the anti-lost machine (You can set the distance by yourself) . Both the machine and the phone will alarm . And you can find the phone quickly . The size of anti-lost machine is just like a cion , very easy taken and cute look .

If any interest, feel free to contact me.

Best regards,

Cherry Senior Sales Rep. WEALTH LAND ELECTRONIC LIMITED

Dear firiend: A good day to you~~ This is Sandy from China that we are experienced manufacturer for natural handmade woven baskets, including gift basket ,wicker basket, garden basket, laundry basket ect. If you have any purchasing plan in this area, please dont hesitate to contact us for more information. Look forward a chance to work with you:) Thank you for your time !~ Best regards Sandy email:houseware snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com msn:houseware snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Focus Innovation Gifts Company is a Leading Company in leather gifts products. Wedding Photo album box/ case are main leather products we strong recommend. Photo frame also it is one of our lines! Pls see below for some designs for photo album and fame.

Below are our advantage:

1.Special luxury unique designs to make your products unique; 2.Hotselling promotion designs make your products more popular! 3.Variety of styles, with wide range of price! 4.Good quality and reasonable price, and good before and after sales service. 5.Easy to do business with us, we have a professional work team, easy to communicate. 6.We accept customize designs.

Our company located in DongGuan city, which is very near Shenzhen port.

Warmly Tips: Our MOQ is 500pcs/ item, if you are looking for a manufacturer to provide photo album box or frame, whether you are a wholesaler or retailer , if the quantity can reach our MOQ, why not contact wit us?

Wish we would be your good and reliable partner in China! Thanks for your choice! Stephanie

Dear Friend, Wish you have a good day! We are the professional manufacturer and supplier ofcalcium chloridein China. We export large quantity to USA and Middle East countries,deal to high quality and reasonable price? Pls check the detailed information as follows,hope it will workable for your market:

1?Grade:industry and food 2?Model:74%, 77%, 94%, 95% calcium chloride 3?Shape:powder, granule, flake, prill 4?Packing: 25 Kg PP Bags /1MT Jumbo Bags Others, we can also offermagnesium chloride, calcium bromide ,sodium bromide, sodium bicarbonate ,caustic soda and xanthan gum. Any interest, pls feel free to contact me. Hope to establish business with you.

Best regards

Sally OU CRE CHEM (QINGDAO)LIMITED ADD: No. 19 Sunshine New Road, Jinan ,China Tel: +86-531-69904166 Fax: +86-531-69904166 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@crecompany.com MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Website:

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are factory specializing in the manufacture and export of wall clock. We have profuse designs with series quality grade.

we develop new designs nearly( pls check attach picture big new wall clock) for your market, If you have interest in it, it`s my pleasure to offer news to you regular.

Best regard Mr.Taylor Lynn

ZHANGZHOU ELECTRON CO. LTD. Add:Zhangzhou city ,Fujian,China

Dear Manager: We are Manufacture enterprise for Oiless Air Compressor,Dental Chair, Portable Dental Unit,Handpiece, Disposables, Curing Light, Polisher ,X-ray Machine,Quick Steam Sterilizer ,Wheel-chair ,etc,Most of items has CE certificates. If any questions kindly contact me. Thanks and Best regards Kelly Mo Sales supervisor

-- Contact ; Kelly Mo (Sales supervisor) Mob; +86 13535714308 Compay;FoShan Partner wheel-chair Co., Ltd. Tel: +86 757 82800636 Fax:+86 757 88582182 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@yeah.net

neteasefooter

Dear Sirs, Good day. This is Susie from Gold Ox International Industrial Co., Ltd. Our company mainly produces Wire, Wire Mesh and Nails with high qualitry. Our products are as follows: Galvanized wire Razor barbed wire Stainless steel wire mesh Welded wire mesh Chain link fence Common nails Concrete nails Coil nails Roofing nails Paper strip nails Hexagonal wire netting Perforated metal mesh Expanded metal mesh Fiberglass mesh Steel grating We also make products according to customers" requirments. Sincerely hope that we have a chance to cooperate with you. Please contact us freely if you are interested in our products. Best regards, Susie Gold Ox International Industrial Co.,limited Add: Room 302, HainaModernCity, Beijing road, Rizhao, China

Email: snipped-for-privacy@gdmetalmesh.com

Tel: 86-633-3691680 Fax: 86-633-8017391 MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Skype:guanda998

Dear Sir: Good day! I am Ms Coral, sales of LIZHAO electrionic Co. Ltd. we are a professional exporter and manufactuer handling LCD, LED TV and DVB in Zhuhai city, China. Based on strongly production, high quality and more 6 years experience of exporting, we got a high confirmation from more than hundreds clients all over the world. We are always expecting the long business cooperation with you. For our more information, kindly visit website

to view our products. If you have any interest or question, pls feel free and mail me. or if you have any idea, also can let me know. Awaiting your good news,we are. PS:AJSC will stop in next 3 months, to open AJSC channels only can buy AJSC card, or can use our receiver to open IPTV.

MsCoral sales Dear Sir or Madam, YASEN video conference camera brings you face to face feeling. We supply Standard video conference camera and HD video conference camera.

Quality: The video conference camera was composite by zoom module and dome camera. All cameras was used original SONY zoom module inside it. Dome part was developed by our R&D team. Till this year, we have 5 years experience in this field. Our products have been installed in over 30 countries and enjoy good reputation from our clients.

Price: How to find cost-effective products? YASEN quality is compared with 95% SONY. But you only need to pay less than

50% SONY price. We have retained a little profit to us, but a lot of space to the dealer.

Service: Professional, Fast, Effective, Integrity.

Warranty: All products warranty is 2 year. We will repair defective products without charge during the period. Have a nice day! Best regards, Mary

-----

Digital Technology Co.,Ltd

Address: 7F, Building 28, XiLi Town, Nanshan District, ShenZhen, China

Dear Sir or Madam,

We are factory specializing in the manufacture and export of wall clock. We have profuse designs with series quality grade.

we develop new designs nearly( pls check attach picture big new wall clock) for your market, If you have interest in it, it`s my pleasure to offer news to you regular.

Best regard Mr.Taylor Lynn

ZHANGZHOU ELECTRON CO. LTD. Add:Zhangzhou city ,Fujian,China

And last but not least.. this huge organisation... Dear Purchasing Manager Special Prices!!! D104 for ML-1660US$13.10 D108 for ML-1640US$12.50 ML-1710US$11.10 TN-450US$8.80 LC 37/57US$0.70 each T073US$0.60 each BCI-3US$0.60 each Compatible New Product!!! Brand Model No. For Use In Printer Model Pages Yield Price Samsung MLT-D305L Samsung ML-3750ND

15,000 US$24.80 Samsung MLT-D101L SAMSUNG ML-2160/2165 1,500 US$19.80 Xerox 113R00670 Xerox 5500/5550 30,000 US$26.90 Xerox 113R00668 60,000 US$59.60 Xerox 106R01531 Xerox WC3550 11,000 US$18.60 HP CF210A (131A) Hp LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276nw M251 M276n 1,600 US$16.50 HP CF210X (131X) 2,400 US$17.60 HP CF211A (131A) 1,800 US$16.50 HP CF212A (131A) 1,800 US$16.50 HP CF213A (131A) 1,800 US$16.50 Compatible for HP, Samsung, Brother, Canon, Lexmark, Xerox, Dell, Epson, IBM, Minolta, Panasonic, Ricoh, Toshiba, OKI, Sharp, Kyocera, Lenovo, Tally Genicom. If you are interested in any models, please let me know the code, I will quote you the best price for your kind consideration. We warmly welcome your trial order to test our quality and service High Definition Printouts ¡VQuality + Reliability For our company ~ Union Computer Supplies (Hong Kong), established since 1989. is the 3rd largest international wholesalers dedicated to specialized global distribution solutions for consumer product. We are serving over 1000 business partners in over 100 countries worldwide with turning over USD$260,000,000 in annual revenues with main product competencies in computer IT products (mostly focus on consumable good e.g. ink / toner / cartridge), for more information, please visit our website:
We believe that our offer is competitive enough to beat your competitor in your market with stable /outstanding service and quality also, our company background can make customer have plenty of confidence to be a long term partner! Thanks & Best Regards Henry Li

Union Computer Supplies Ltd. Phone:

+852 2307 9338 Ext. 29 Mobile: +852 6388 0865 Fax: +852 2729 2228 Website:
/
snipped-for-privacy@ionsupplies.com MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Skype: henrylihk Address: Room 901, Yee Kuk Ind. Ctr., 555 Yee Kuk Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong (Cheung Sha Wan MTR Station Exit B) Company Leaflets:
Office:
Warehouse 1:
Warehouse 2:
carry 9 categories of 100+ global brand names Stocking up to 2000 profitable items to a level of 10.6 millions USD Working Capital: 25.6 million USD With 21 years experience Trade Fair Attend: CeBit Hannover / Photokina Cologne / IFA Berlin / Paperworld Frankfurt Messe Hannover / Comdex Paris / CES Las Vegas / Remax Barcelona Paperworld Moscow / Gitex Dubai / Comdex Korea / Isot Tokyo
Reply to
Brian Gaff

On Sunday 13 January 2013 11:40 Brian Gaff wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Put an email filter in that bounces them all back to snipped-for-privacy@sina.com ?

I bet the will stop soon enough.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Block them based on this ISPs IP address range. They are Chinese spammers. You can kill >80% of them with a handful of spam havens.

sina.com, hinet.com. 126.com for instance

More difficult if you have genuine communications with Chinese companies. The easiest thing is to bounce everything to that address that is not on a white list of allowed senders.

Distilled down to email addresses only.

Reply to
Martin Brown

A few years ago I used my regular email address to register with alibaba, and since then I've had the occasional spam from Chinese companies. However, I've found that spam binning them with gmail's own spam reporting tool works incredibly well and who knows how many others have been blanked since then. The very odd new one pops up and gets the same treatment and it's peace again for a couple of months.

Google mail - it just works; you can also redirect your mail through your gmail account and take advantage of their spam filters, which are unsurpassed anywhere else I've tried.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I only use gmail for mailing-list memberships, I agree that they let very little spam through, but I find that 75% of the stuff that does end-up in the spam bin is genuine list content.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I am on virgin which is just rebranded gmail of course. I cannot fathom the webmail part but it seems if you go on via imap you can get to the folders and if you move stuff into where it belongs then it seems to remember. the snag though is that increasingly, legitimate email list or email from organisations I actually want to get mail from have their messages gthrown into the spam bin and moving stuff the other way seems not to be so efficient on the rememberd front, hence my question. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've only used IMAP with gmail to import/export mail between it and other systems, it doesn't have folders as such, just tags, and each email can have many tags, so effectively be in many folders at once.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Grimly Curmudgeon

------------8><

+1

I used to manage all that myself using POPFile (an excellent tool that gives extremely good results once tuned up). For the last several years I've forwarded all my domain mail to a Gmail account and relied on their spam filtering. As near flawless as makes little difference.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

In message , Grimly Curmudgeon writes

With BTYahoo you can mark an e-mail as Spam and any in future are automatically binned, The reverse process is also available

Reply to
bert

That's how it's _supposed_ to work.

Recently, BTYahoo have been dumping lots of my mail into the junk folder. I mark it as not spam, it goes into my inbox - and the same thing happens the next day. Over and over. It doesn't appear to be learning. I prefer to access all my mail with Thunderbird, rather than use the website, but the stuff in the junk folder only appears on the website, so I have to keep checking mail there.

Annoying.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Yes I use a POP3 e-mail client. Much easier especially as I have 4 sub-accounts and it collect them all for me and sorts them into different user names/folders. But I must admit today I too was surprised to find one or two e-mails in the Spam folder which I am sure I have previously corrected. Must keep an eye on it. Still it's a lot better than my previous ISP Demon who have just introduced a new e-mail system based on MS Exchange and judging by the comments in demon.service is pretty chaotic,

Reply to
bert

The BT spam filter uses info from all users to decide what's spam and what isn't. Even if you're clearing it, other users' preferences can override the system, according to the way I read their blurb when I first started with them a decade ago. I very rarely have stuff incorrectly put into the spam bin.

Reply to
John Williamson

I can (just barely) tolerate non-spam being repeatedly dumped into the spam filter - what really irritates the h*** out of me, is when messages silently disappear, without even making it as far as the spam filter. That happened with my mail from AmEx - I only found out about when checking the AmEx website at bill-paying time. There were some others that I know of - but who knows what else may have gone missing?

Reply to
S Viemeister

I've had a couple bounced from some servers to my address, but the sender has always had a notification and contacted me via my other address. I've also had stuff from my BT mailbox to other servers bounced, but it's no worse than my other server.

When I investigated, it turned out to be a blacklisting by BT of the servers or vice versa due to excessive spam being sent from them.

Reply to
John Williamson

well yes.

I know if I care, what emails my server rejects.

Essentially those for unknown people in my domains, and from IP addresses registered as spambots with spamhaus.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And this is why I maintain more than one account!

Reply to
S Viemeister

I think it's changed just a little bit since then.

Reply to
bert