Getting more from radiators

Page 2 of 3

How big is Mars, now have had a stroll around it?

(with a bit of cut and paste)

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional *

writes

But not in the real one which the rest of us inhabit
--
geoff

it
you
Maxie, I don't go to Mars.

writes

So why did you start going on about it?
--
geoff

This post was clearly not me. Someone is taking my identity. Can you deal with it. Doing this contravenes all the rules of Usenet, the ng and the ISP where this post originated.
This must be nipped in the bud before the whole ng degenerates into chaos.
wrote:

behind

There's no admin here. You would need to talk with uni-berlin.de and/or cwt.esat.NET who the post originated from.

Your identity? ISTR it belongs to a film. For whatever reason, you chose not to use _your_ identity but someone else's.
--
Andrew Gabriel

writes:> > Subject: Re: TO THE ADMIN: Re: Getting more from radiators

My identity on the ng is IMM and has been for a long time. It is clearly MY identity. The imposer deliberately is pretending to me - THAT IS CLEAR. Your ID is Andrew Gabriel and has been for a long time.

Youre quite right, no-one else on this planet has ever called themselves IMM before.
Regards, NT

You mean "IMM over there" ?
--
geoff

clearly MY

CLEAR.
LOL. Good one Maxie.

"IMM" <> wrote

heh. didn't list admins go out with the "majordomo" ark ...
Cheers,
Paul.
snipped-for-privacy@technologist.com (Zymurgy) wrote:
Hello Zymurgy

I think you're confusing mailing lists with newsgroups. Entirely possible IMM's done the same.
Btw, Majordomo is alive and well and performing admirably.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
(Simon Avery) wrote

No confusion whatsoever on my part.

This is possible

... but largely superseded by Newsgroups/NNTP, IRC & latterly blogs.
Cheers
Paul.
(Zymurgy) wrote:

Not possible at all.

This is true.

That's right. You just nod or shake your head in time to the music.
--

Dave

What music? Punk Rock?

snipped-for-privacy@technologist.com (Zymurgy) writes:

[18 lines snipped]

Totally untrue, I'm afraid.
Mailing lists are alive, well and thriving. It's just that most of them are invisible to you. And Majordomo is widely used.
Huge wrote:

This is true. There are quite a few private mailing lists - not everyone uses Yahoo lists and newsgroups. And majordomo works well for them.
snipped-for-privacy@technologist.com (Zymurgy) wrote:
Hello Zymurgy

Hmm? But your post introduces "list admins" instead of "admins", implying that this was a list. At least to me, but no matter.

Um, no. Ng's and usenet are still a minority area, as is irc. Lists have their place (ie, a moderatable, private or semi-private collection of like-minded people). Egroups/yahoogroups or whatever they call themselves used to be incredibly popular until they overtipped the acceptable balance of spam/user abuse.
Thing is, since most of these lists are private, nobody can say how popular they are. Personally I'm on more lists than ng's.
No spam (outside the major free list providers), no trolls - there's a lot to be said for lists. OTOH, you're at the whim of the moderator/owner so both have their place.
--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK