Getting handles off Blancoeye taps

Anybody successfully removed the handles (necessary to remove the ceramic cartridges) from these taps with L-shaped handles?

found and removed the hex-head grub screws in the side of the horizontal leg of the L but the handle still doesn't want to pull off even with wiggling, moderate levering and tapping, and I was reluctant to use a bigger hammer in case I completely fscked something.

Reply to
YAPH

might have the destructions stashed away somewhere, dunno it it'll have dismantling instructions rather then just fittig instructions.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Is this enough to show whether one is a re-badged version of the other? If so, it shows an exploded diagram of the tap with part numbers.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Spoke to someone at Blanco today who said they're just push-fit +_ grub screw locking onto splined shafts, but that if the cartridges leak a bit into the splines they can scale up. So bigger hammer it is ;-) Oh that and a loada wonga to them for their cartridges which look different enough from the 'standard'(-ish) types I've got as spares on the van that I'll probably have to go for them.

Reply to
YAPH

replying to YAPH, Harry wrote: Bigger hammer here as well. I just blew my third cold cartridge in 5 years - not sure if this is a quality issue. In the last one I found a decent-size rock

Reply to
Harry

Why is it that these days here in London, despite all the great leaps forward in technology, line scale due to hard water is far worse than in

1957? Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff

replying to YAPH, Paul Barrett wrote: Same issue here. I have today tried and failed to remove the cartridge. The grub screw is removed and the thing just wouldn't come off. I did hit it hard a few times with a plastic covered heavy screwdriver. The hot one has now come off, but I think I've broken it. I'll attach a photo. I've got the curculio out, but still no further. Heeeellllpppp. I have now given up before I do anymore damage. ??

Paul Barrett