German style toilets?

Splashback ? That washes you clean innit ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Each person's particular mix of gut bacteria also makes a big difference to their "bathroom aroma", and that's more affected by chance and your genetics than your diet.

There have been several interesting articles in New Scientist recently on gut flora - still not well understood but crucial to good health. "Foecal transplants" have been very successful in treating chronic disorders like colitis where nothing else has helped.

Reply to
Reentrant

in Germany and drove it back. That must have been a sight to behold, Left hand drive I presume.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Anyone else noticed the OP hasn't been back?

Is she in the toilet? Can someone check...?

That's this thread down the pan!

Reply to
Moonraker

In article , snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net scribeth thus

Well a colonscopy does have a rather amusing side where the intestines have to be cleared out, but that procedure is done under a partial or full anaesthetic and you shouldn't feel a thing...

Reply to
tony sayer

Looks like we're just going through the motions!

Why is it that arriving home after a quick pint in my local pub STWNFI takes one sniff and knows where I have been. Its the same with my staff if they have just come back from the chip shop, MacDonalds, or been out for a smoke I can tell by the lingering smell. Even the smell of oil from the workshop (particularly EP90) lingers on clothing.

Yet return from the bog after the foulest smelling dump and nothing!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

My eldest sone has had a number (UC diagnosis) but never any form of anaesthetic, just an enema beforehand.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

How do they do that (the clearing out)? I'd heard you had a glass of some magic gloop and duct-taped yourself[1] to the bog for a while. Is it more complicated?

[1] Newton's Laws and all that...
Reply to
Tim Watts

Err no it isn't. Fine under anaesthetic. Neither the cleaning out nor the colonoscopy.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Angle grinder! Wait, I mean, pressure washer!

:-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Just to elaborate on that Steve. The cleaning out is NOT done under anaesthetic its done while your very much conscious. Its like having a very bad bout of Diarrhoea. Not pleasant but shouldn't be for most people be that bad. To put it in the popular vac you might have a bit of a sore arse afterwards.

The Colonscopy proper is usually done under a full anaesthetic which can of course be to varying depths of consciousness and also whose doing it and what method there using..

If dome as it should be you'll be out for the whole procedure..

Some anaesthetist do start it as its about to happen..

Reply to
tony sayer

I've had this stuff once; I was told to take it the day before. The packet strongly implied the reaction would be within an hour or two. In my case, nothing happened until about 9 hours later (and then it was dramatic) but it was also very close to the time I had to leave the house to get to the clinic, which made me quite nervous! I did comment on this & the staff said my experience wasn't all that uncommon.

Reply to
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts

Hmmm. The story of my endoscopy from alt.tasteless doesn't seem to have been archived anywhere. Probably a good thing.

Reply to
Huge

I've had three. None were under any kind of anaesthesia. I've also have two endoscopies, one under anaesthesia and one not.

Reply to
Huge

Used to be available over the counter under the brand Name Watneys Red Barrel.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Picolax. Mix it into a pleasant orange flavoured drink, consume, then stay *very* close to a toilet. If your toilet is upstairs, *do not go downstairs*. Just don't ask me how I know, okay?

There's often a repeat perfomance a while later, so don't relax after the first explosion.

Reply to
John Williamson

Mine was done under mild sedation. I spent the time watching the monitor and discussing progress. I got something of a running commentary: 'and there's your appendix' etc.

I quite enjoyed it, though not the preparation earlier in the day...

in Germany and drove it back.

On the turd wheel, no doubt.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon