German Electrical Installations

I recall that DIY'ers are verboten from working on mains cabling in Germany; is that still the case & you need to be a Registered Electrician??

What is the common diameter of wiring used in their domestic electrical sockets; we want to know if UK Optical Smoke alarms with built in Terminal Blocks, will be adequate; may be a problem if they use thicker than 2.5mm.

Thanks

Reply to
Gel

In Germany anything which is not compulsory is prohibited.

Reply to
Peter Parry

This site might be of some help:

BigWallop