Gerberit back-to-wall wc cistern leak

We have one of these very neat Gerberit wc cisterns which you can only get to by taking off the small front panel with the flush push buttons. We have already successfully changed the input overflow leak, but now it seems to be leaking from the water exit valve - when you flush, it never quite stops flushing and a tiny trickle runs down the pan indefinitely. We have tested by turning off the water supply and the cistern eventually empties itself in this way. The problem is, the very restricted access - we cannot see the valve in question and we are nervous at pulling out too many bits. Is this a reasonable sort of repair for fairly experienced diy people, or should we call a plumber? Since we have taken the front off, and we are flushing by pulling up the flush bit directly, the problem seems to have improved and if there is a leak, it is a lot less - maybe that is due to the not very precise pivoting rods which transmit the horizontal push into an upward lift and drop? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Reply to
Senior diy

"Senior diy" wrote in message news:9d437$5489e5f1$cf3aab60$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

It will be the inlet valve passing water. There is no separate overflow on many WCs these days, excess water just runs into the WC pan.

Also, it is likely one of these pilot operated inlet valves (much smaller than the conventional float valve.) It needs to be dismantled, there is a daiphragm inside with two tiny holes, one will be blocked (the non-centre one). Common problem. Enclosed cisterns are a stupid idea unless there is proper access.

Reply to
harryagain