George shampoo m/c

I've lost the instructions, but I had assumed that it could suck up flood water. I have just been told that it can't. If anyone can check the paperwork, are all Georges 3 in one machines?

TIA

Dave

Reply to
Dave

A George is a 3 in 1 and it will suck up water. Take out any filters, make sure the float ball is fitted.

Who told you it couldn't?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I have a part time job at my local primary school. We have had some plumbing jobs done and when the water was put back on, a portacabin, the following day, was found to have an open tap and the plug in the sink. The result was 1 or 2 inches of water on the floor the following morning :-((

I took George and set it up for wet pick up, ball valve and all, only for it to croak almost at the end of the water spill pick up.

After it had picked up about 20 or 30 gallons of water (always shutting down as the float valve came to the top) and emptying it for the final time, I switched it on and it ran up to speed and as soon as it did, it cut out, never to run again. I suspect that old carpet shampoo had built up and the foam had entered the vac motor and shorted it out. I also thought that after a while, it would dry out and work again, but not so far.

Cleaner in a suit (county rep for all cleaning problems) rang me back and claimed that it was not designed to suck up flood water. So that is the person that told me.

I suspect that he has taken the advice from a third party, hence my need for something printable to show that George was more than capable to do the job.

I, personally, have a Hoover Aquavac and that is a 3 in 1 machine and I thought that all carpet shampoo machines were 3 in one machines.

TIA

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Said person is an idiot. The George is a wet pick up machine - end of story.

Look at

where it clearly states "All-in-one' vac. offering five cleaning options - dry or wet vacuuming, scrubbing & drying of hard floors, cleaning the carpets and upholstery".

And you are dead right in thinking so. They have to be. I reckon you are dead right; old high foam shampoo has over foamed and got to the motor.

Also, to be fair the George is a domestic machine, not something you should be using in a school environment. The cleaner in a suit presumably won't stick his hand in his pocket for a £500 industrial wet pick up machine will he?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman