Generic rand orb sander base plate

After suprising success with a generic chuck at 5 quid v 17 quid for the B&D one, I'm hoping to do the same for the base plate on my Bosch sander. It has the six holes in the base and velcro backing for attaching the sheets. Anyone know if these are generic at all? And where I can get one cheap?

Reply to
visionset

Sorry can't answer your question but how did you manage to need a new one? I have one of these and can't imagine how one could damage it. Perhaps I'm just not very imaginative.

Reply to
rrh

The first one I wore out going to close to skirting so the edging abilities were compromised. This one I've worn out misusing it as a concrete deaerator - doh!

Reply to
visionset

I think Toolstation (it might be Screwfix) have started doing them for about a tenner. They mention the thread size but I'm nowhere near mine to check. I hope they are universal because the last one I bought for my Makita cost about 4 times that.

Reply to
Matt